Thursday, September 08, 2005

Two Swans and some ferals




I had the pleasure of meeting up with Karen C, proprietress of Two Swans Yarn (www.twoswansyarns.com). I have been tempted by Fair Isle knitting for a while and the web pattern from Interweave Knits for Fair Isle gloves pushed me over the edge. I have done stranded knitting and color work before, but not since I've become as self-critical about my knitting as I am currently. Here are some photos of Karen with some of her "goodles" and with the yarns I chose.

And here is also a photo of the gloves on the needles. I made myself finish the darn Flower Basket before I let myself start these. They are to be a Christmas gift for my future mother-in-law whom I adore. I'm using the two circulars technique. I do not love dp needles but I know they are going to be needed for the fingers. Fingerless gloves anyone?

No comments: