Saturday, September 24, 2005

Handpaint Hell

I guess it's Murphy's Law. Last year I bought some amazing Colinette Giotto. It is luxurious with a rich, deep, palate of purples, greens and blues. At least, it is SUPPOSED to be! I scoured yarn shops to find the Giotto book and selected a really nifty cardigan with a ruffle on the bottom, not fussy, just gorgeous. I knitted the back, dutifully following the mandate "use two skeins; alternate skeins every two rows". The back was lovely. I knit the left front, dutifully following the mandate "use two skeins; alternate skeins every two rows". Again, a lovely luscious left front. I knit the right front, dutifully following the mandate "use two skeins; alternate skeins every two rows."

NOW...these lovely skeins were all from ONE dye lot. They are the same color. I followed the directions. So WHY, WHY, WHY does the right front look like crap? Or, more specifically, why is there NO GREEN!!!!! and what do I do about it? Sure I can frog and use another skein and reknit; that would take about five minutes. Well, an hour anyway. But when I get to the sleeves, I will STILL have to use that *&#@@*&% ball of yarn with NO GREEN. Yes, I can distribute it all over the sleeves and have yucky ribbon ends to weave in, but I am NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!! I think this is a "Curse of Colinette", of something.


One of these things is not like the others....You can clearly see, can you not, that the middle piece is DIFFERENT!!!!Geez....if anyone out there can help me, please, please, please suggest a cure. I really wanted to wear this sweater in two weeks.

OK, back to those LOVELY Fair Isle Gloves, which are giving me NO grief!!!

No comments: