Saturday, September 24, 2005

Lace I Love


I FINALLY, FINALLY finished "More Than Circular". I don't know why I waited so long. Actually, I do. I had a mistake in the last row and I just set it aside one day when I didn't want to deal with it. I got caught up with the Fair Isle gloves and never looked back. Until Thursday. I just tackled the thing and finished it. Now it is sitting on my floor while I block all those little points out.
Now this thing is a bear to block, because, as the title says, it has more than 360 degrees. It is impossible to stretch it all out flat, but the wonder is, it really does stay on my shoulders and won't fall off no matter what!

I do plan to add some beads, to the edge, I just haven't decided what yet.

So, of course, I am ready to make another lace shawl. I have a skein of Lorna's Laces "Helen's Lace" in Purple Iris and I found a lovely pattern that requires just the right amount of yarn. I hope to have it on the needles by this evening.

There is no knitting quite so thrilling to me as when I work on lace and it looks like a bag of messy yarn, and I can't really see it, and finally it is off the needles and I spread it out and, voila, it is a thing of beauty and magic.

Must knit more lace....

No comments: