Thursday, January 19, 2006

Malaise?

After reading Karen's latest blog entry (http://ideaphoria.prettyposies.com/) I realized that I have become....a slacker! I only have two projects on the needles right now and I am not very committed to one of them. Uh oh! Time for some new yarn, I think. Hey Karen! (www.twoswansyarns.com). I am craving Kid Silk Haze and a new lace project.

I also plan to do some charity knitting for New Orleans (see link on right). KnitPicks just published a nice free pattern for the "11th hour Hat". It has a nice sideways garter border on an otherwise plain cap. You could do a lot of different things with this pattern and I hope to get one or two going today.

My daughter Dalya received two knitted gifts from me for Chanukah. Here they are:


These slippers were in Stitch n Bitch Nation and they were HUGE (like 18 inches long) prior to felting. Dalya wears size 5 1/2 shoe, so you can imagine how strong and thick the felt is. She loves them.

Next, from the same book, I knitted Dalya one of her favorite musicians. Can you guess who it is? The photo is blurry because it was taken by my son and I cropped out all the mess in Dalya's room -- well, most of the mess.



Got it? No? Here's a hint:






Aha, you're now saying to yourself. Of course, it's Joey Ramone! I may have to change out those red buttons for something more sunglasses-like.

Excuse me while I "Beat on the Brat".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been DYING to knit Joey.... that rocks!

Anonymous said...

I wish all my knitting projects were as fun as yours are!

Anonymous said...

Too cool. It's so realistic,....scary that.

Anonymous said...

Too cool. It's so realistic,....scary that.